Thursday 24 January 2013

You are never too old!

How many times have you heard or said "I am far too old for a marathon!"?

I for one have heard it too many times and I am now going to pop that bubble with a single name, Fauja Singh.


Fauja Singh, otherwise known as the 'Turbaned Tornado' started running at....wait for it.....89!!!!

Born on April 1st, 1911 he is regarded as the oldest marathon runner at 101 mighty years of age!
This man is a true inspiration and I urge you to dig further into his story and let it take root in your heart. 

I just read that he is about to retire from marathon running after he completes the Hong Kong marathon in February just before his 102nd birthday but he will continue to run for at least 4 hours DAILY after that! :O


I hope that you find this man as inspiring as I do and maybe, just maybe, if your not currently a runner or you are having any doubts that they have now packed their bags and left!


One of my aims with this blog is to bring information and inspiration to as many as I can in my own words, no giant blocks of copy and paste and most of all, honesty.

With this in mind I will hold my hands up and say there are far more eloquent and informed blogs out there, instead of just repeating the same information I shall leave you to your studies and the beauty of his own words... 

"I take happiness in biggest proportions though my actual diet is very small"


"Running is my life. I will keep running to inspire the masses."




The "Turbaned Tornado" Fauja Singh

Have fun with your homework! ;)


Cardiosaurus   

No comments:

Post a Comment