Saturday 19 October 2013

Community powered sports? I like the sound of that..

Hey folks, thought I would do a post about a very interesting company that got in touch with me recently...


What really interested me about these guys was how they have gone about things.

"Community powered sports" was the thing that got my attention and made me look a little deeper.


"On August 7 2013, Tribesports launched a Kickstarter campaign. We invited sports people everywhere to join us in our mission to revolutionize the sportswear industry, creating the  world’s first community-powered sportswear range. The 30-day campaign ended at 400% of the original funding goal and the first ever Tribesports Performance range is now in production.
We will be working with our community, customers and backers to design, spec and spread the word about Tribesports Performance wear. From providing the training data that tells us what kit you really need, to color choices, to technical features, to modelling the finished product – the Tribesports community are in charge."


The idea is simple really, use the same designers, the same fabric and the same factories with a bit of a twist.
By using folks like myself who are happy to blog about this kind of stuff, they can keep the costs down and pass it on to the final consumer instead of being tied up in all the other rubbish that is far to complicated anyway! WIN!
According to the website this means we could be getting some tip top gear for 40% cheaper than we would by heading for a shop! Brilliant! Gimmie, gimmie, gimmie!

But alas! At the bottom of the site it reads "TribeSports online store coming November 2013" GAH!!

HOLD UP! Never fear my faithful chums I have been chatting away with the wonderful Tribes-persons (is that actually a word?)  and I have some concept artwork that I can share with you!!!
I'm good to you eh?!


   



So what do we think so far? Well I for one am really excited the get my hands on some of the gear and give it a good thrashing! :)

Apart from the gear it also has to be said that the website has a really nice community feel to it. When you sign up you can take part in challenges and join "Tribes". So far im really liking it. You can sign up through Facebook or Twitter which I thought was a nice touch if you want to share things with ease.
There is almost too much to do on there! Challenges, training, workouts, questions, discussions and tons more! I am only just scraping the surface really.

Head over to the site and have a look for yourself and while your there keep and eye out for a certain Cardiosaurus G! *wink *wink! Click here to go there now (TribeSports)

Keep your eyes peeled for updates as hopefully I should be getting some bits to review! :D

Catch up with you all soon!

Cardiosaurus

No comments:

Post a Comment