Wednesday 3 July 2013

The beginning of the "Mummysaurus"!

Hey guys and girls quick post about my new project!

I am attempting to create a monster! MOOOO HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAA! *cough* *cough* sorry about that......

My mum has always said that she is not a runner, too old, blah blah blah...then she mentioned that she would one day like to run the race for life 5k all the way....before she had a chance to rescue those words I jumped in and said....."CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!" :D

The challenge - To get my non running mum (henceforth to be known as Mummysaurus) to complete a full 5k running and hopefully smiling one year from now!

Last night saw the first part of her training with a 5k walk/run and some handy tips about balance and breathing. She did really well and was very surprised at how well some of my tips worked so I thought I would pass on a couple here.

When walking up hill, shorten your stride, lengthen your spine and lean slightly forward over your knees. Try not to bend from the waist as you do this. Imagine you are in the Moonwalker bar scene!

Well.....OK maybe not that far but you get the idea!

The next little tip to practice when walking is to time your breathing to your feet.
Breath IN, 2,3,4 OUT, 2,3,4 and repeat obviously, as breathing only once wont get you very far at all.

Right I think that is enough for now and I shall keep you all updated with the progress of the Mummysaurus!

Till next time running fans!

Cardiosaurus

No comments:

Post a Comment